- Core Capabilities
Established in 2009, KMS Technology is a U.S.-based engineering and software services company with development centers in Vietnam. Over 11 years of operation, KMS Technology has been trusted by international clients for the superior quality of products and expertise of Vietnamese engineers.
KMS builds and successfully launches its own software companies through its internal startup incubator, UpStar Labs. Most notable companies include QASymphony, Kobiton, Katalon, and Grove. Under the brand, KMS Solutions, the company serves the Asia Pacific region, offering technology solution consulting and bringing the most advanced and latest technologies to the Asian market.
KMS is committed to making a long-lasting social impact by partnering with non-profit organizations that give disadvantaged students fair and better employment opportunities. The company regularly cooperates with universities, participates in IT training activities and specialized events, and sponsors scholarship programs in Vietnam. The company has received many prestigious industry awards and has been named one of the greatest places to work in Vietnam, Asia, and the U.S. for many years in a row. less
Established in 2009, KMS Technology is a U.S.-based engineering and software services company with development centers in Vietnam. Over 11 years of operation, KMS Technology has been trusted by international clients for the superior quality of products and expertise of Vietnamese engineers. more
Background and Company Overview
KMS Technology is a privately held technology company based in Atlanta and with operations in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Founded by Vu Lam and Josh Lieberman in 2009, KMS Technology started with its offshore product development (OPD) business and added additional consulting services in recent years. In addition, KMS operates an incubator called Upstar Labs that has created software companies including QASymphony, Kobiton, Katalon, and GroveHR.
KMS remains owned by Vu, Josh and its employees. While KMS has financial partners in some of its software companies, KMS Technology is 100% owned and controlled by KMS and the team. KMS Technology currently employs approximately 1,000 people in Vietnam and the United States.
KMS is proud to be part of Pledge 1%. Pledge 1% is a corporate philanthropy movement dedicated to making the community a key stakeholder in every business. As part of the program, KMS Technology joins an impressive network of entrepreneurs and companies across the globe that have committed to incorporating philanthropic efforts into their business. These organizations pledge to give 1% of product, 1% of equity, 1% of profit, and 1% of employee time to improve communities around the world.
The Directors' primary responsibilities are managing multiple client accounts, providing oversight and direction to our offshore delivery teams to ensure high customer satisfaction, and actively participating in the sales cycle for new business, as well as retention and growth of business within each account.
Directors are expected to have deep knowledge and expertise in the technology industry, and experience with software development processes and methodologies.
The Director will report directly to the Vice President of Software Services, but may also be assigned tasks by other executive members of the KMS Technology. A Director is a member of the KMS Technology Group Staff, and as such is also expected to participate in the staff meetings, contribute ideas into the overall management and well-being of the firm, serve as a mentor to junior staff and consistently identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of KMS Software Service’s work and job satisfaction for staff.
As with all members of the KMS team, Directors are expected to follow the policies described in the KMS handbook, attend all internal meetings, and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times while working to instill a positive work environment at the firm.
A successful Director demonstrates proficiency in completing the following activities:
● Assist with the coaching and mentoring of engineering managers and account managers to ensure they fully understand client management, relationship building, account success factors, providing effective feedback to managers (positive and critical).
● Provide guidance on policies around account level staffing, training, and management that result in top-notch client service as well as a positive work environment for the assigned KMS staff
● Provide feedback, advice, and back up as needed to account managers to ensure they have the support needed to effectively run accounts and promote a positive work environment
● Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, offering ideas, insights, and recommendations on KMS’s policies, staffing needs, client service improvements, new business opportunities, and other topics that ultimately impact the overall quality of the account.
● Consistently demonstrate the ability to successfully move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise
● Work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment for the entire staff
● Support Sales by participating in account growth discussions and assist in drafting new team/project proposals
● Assist with the expansion and/or renewal of existing accounts
● Assist with the technical sales support activities for the new logo and existing accounts
● Serve as an escalation point for client issues, and coordinate with our account and engineering managers offshore to resolve customer issues in a timely manner
● Building and maintaining technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision-makers for the successful adoption of KMS software services
● Maintain an extensive network of CTO, VP, Directors connections that can be tapped for new business outreach, issue expertise, etc.
● Develop strategic level understanding and knowledge of emerging technology trends, tools, and services which can be leveraged on projects as needed
● Understand key competitors and their offerings
Communication and Process
● Assist with the execution of the overall software services operational processes across sales, marketing, BU leaders, account managers, CoE, and technology group.
● Working in a cooperative fashion to promote great work as well as a positive internal team environment.
● Demonstrate outstanding writing and presentation/communication skills
● Consistently meet internal and external deadlines
● Bachelor’s Degree required, in Computer Science fields.
● 10 years of total software engineering field experience required, progressive software experience in a leadership role within Development, Testing, and/or DevOps area
● 5+ years of experience implementing technology projects/practices and providing direction for professional exempt employees
● 5 years of experience with the Agile processes required.
● Superior writing and editing skills
● Outstanding public speaking skills
● Experience developing winning communication and campaign strategies
● Ability to manage and mentor junior staff
● Open to travel on an annualized average of 35% of the time including international trips; peak can be 100% for a period of 2-3 weeks
Need more reasons to join us?
Casual work environment
Self-Managed Paid Time Off (PTO) - We trust that everyone working at KMS is a true professional and responsible adult. When you’re sick, take the time you need to get better. If you need a break to refresh and reboot, enjoy your time off.
100% company-paid Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance for you and your family
KMS Technology is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We care about our people and celebrate our differences. We want to work with talented, collaborative, and innovative people. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other characteristics protected by law.